There was a problem with the patch that should now have been fixed – if you downloaded th epatch and the game doesn’t work, please try it again now. Also the FTP is a bit broken so I haven’t been able to update the demo installation – that will 404 for the next couple of days I’m afraid. Please bear with us.
We’ve released the new update for Eufloria.
The first big highlight of this update is that we’ve now added Achievements to the game, and these will work with Steam if you got the game there. We’ve given them a good test so they should be fun, and present a variety of different gameplay styles to get your teeth stuck into. Let us know what you think in the forum!
The second major item is that we’ve added our first Community Map Pack. These are some of the best levels that have been made for the game since it was released. It’s really amazing to see what people have been getting up to – congratulations to all the map authors we’ve included. The maps are accessible from the Custom Maps menu and all have their authors attributed so you can see who’s who. There are also many more cool and interesting maps to be found in the user levels forum – go check it out!
We also added (and fixed) some really cool modding stuff, so check out the list below and then get stuck in
– Added Achievements.
– Added Community Map Pack 1.
– Added directory support for Custom Maps.
– Added speed records on level selection.
– Lua: Added user interaction Lua calls OnAsteroidSelected(ID), OnMouseLeftClicked(x,y) and OnMouseRightClicked(x,y).
– Lua: Added drawing text from script.
– Lua: GetNumAsteroids() – returns number of asteroids in play.
– Lua: RevealAll() – reveals all asteroids.
– Lua: Asteroid naming (asteroid.Name = “”).
– Lua: Planting flowers from script (flower:Plant, flower:PlantOnRandomTree, flower:PlantOnRandom###Tree).
– Lua: Camera location and zoom query from script (GetCameraX, GetCameraY, GetCameraZoom).
– Lua: Get trees on asteroid from script (asteroid:GetRandomTree, asteroid:GetRandom###Tree).
– Fixed adding and removing asteroids at run time.
– Fixed planting on moving asteroids.
– Fixed enemy laser mines travel distance violation (thanks Maarten).
– Fixed crash bug when enemy AI has no asteroids (thanks Mihhaelo).
– Fixed loading music restarting as the game enters main menu.
– Fixed invisible mines/flowers from Lua setup bug.
– Fixed long root crash.